Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Pacific Cafe (remember them?)

Back in my home town of Joseph City, AZ, when I was growing up, there used to be this restaurant called The Pacific Cafe. There have been a lot of good memories from there. Memories of great friends with great food. I wanted to add a photo of the cafe, but even google images didn't bring up anything . . . I guess it was gone before anyone could have posted any photos online (it was back in the day I guess you could say!) One of my favorite memories from there is when my dad worked overtime he would get a "meal ticket" which he always used to get a 'Navajo Taco'. There has never been a better tasting Navajo Taco anywhere! We actually made the Pacific Cafe recipe of Navajo Tacos the other night - pure heaven . . . but I didn't get any photos of that.

Anyhoo . . . the other day when I wanted to bake something, I dragged out the recipe from the Pacific Cafe for their donuts/cinnamon rolls. It's a pretty big recipe, so I cut it in half and still had plenty of dough for both donuts AND cinnamon rolls.

They were so delicious! However, the donuts were NOT good the next day . . . only good when fresh!

I use dental floss to cut my cinnamon rolls - I think it's really the best way to cut them without squishing them. You can use regular thread if you don't have dental floss.



Don't worry . . . I didn't eat all of these. I always dump my baking left-overs on the Boy Scouts office next door.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

YUMMM! Your pictures look so tasty that I am drooling on my keyboard!!!

Miss you guys!

Katie Thompson said...

That looks stinkin amazing, Thats why i need to go to Hawaii. Camille said i should go with her in the summer :D I 2nd the motion! Then we could have another omlet competition. But, I wouldn't have my dad's salsa! Oh well. I m still amazing :D

auto cars said...

Very great article here in your blog, useful contents
nice blog
Thank you very much
Best regards
travel jakarta bandung , Blogger Templates Colorizetemplates.com,health, tools,news,autocars,mp3, beauty, wedding, pearlset, autocontent
Blogku adalah ladang uangku,Hosting profesional Indonesia yang murah, my blogpost

TINSLEY DNA PROJECT said...

I was a truck driver in 1980. On my first trip out the other drivers told me to stop there. I had stopped going to California and back. This is when they were still building U 40. There was a waitress named Fara who worked there.