Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Moving Woes

So we're trying very hard to get things packed and organized before our move. We're only taking certain items like our beautiful dining table and chairs that we recently purchased and love. Our piano is an heirloom and we can't decide whether it will cause too much damage to it (it was built in 1928) to ship it in a container across the pacific. We may send it to Arizona for storage at Oma's house. We're keeping our bed because I finally found one that I love and actually sleep well in. And then Scott's tools and stuff from the garage. All the rest of the big items need to be sold. Of course we're going through the "stuff" to make sure we don't ship anything that isn't necessary. We're cutting way down but we still have tons of stuff. WHY? I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

So I sent an email to our ward yahoo group emailer with an attachment listing all our big items with pictures and prices saying to come to our house on Sept. 1st for a "tag" sale (that's a yard sale to you westerners). But here in Daybreak we're not allowed to have those so I had to keep it all indoors. Well, I guess she didn't send that email so our Relief Society President sent a reminder email. We had a total of 4 people come by, they snooped around and left. NOBODY BOUGHT ANYTHING!!! This stinks.

Not only are we in a horrible mess trying to purge, pack and sell things, we also have to show the house to people. How embarassing. It looks like we're such slobs. I'm so ready for this move to be over with! Once I get to Maui, I'm sleeping on the beach for a week.

1 comment:

Katie Thompson said...

hehe if I come visit you guys( if I have to swim there I WILL!)we will have to have a party on a the beach!