Friday, October 10, 2008

Sandblasted!

So I decided that today I would start working on my tan that every resident of Maui should inherently have. And since Scott was at work and Camille was at camp with the YM/YW, I thought, "why not, I've nothing better to do!". So I packed up my beach chair, beach towel, donned my swimsuit for the first time since arriving, grabbed my book and sunscreen spray and headed out.

Now today has been a bit breezy, but I could tell that the sun was out at the beach, and that would help me not get hot and sticky. Well, it was downright blustery at the beach. Not cold by any means. It was a perfect tempurature (sorry to make you jealous, Jill!). It was just blasted windy!! I stayed for a little while. I waded in the water a little bit, read maybe a page from the book, sat and people watched for a few minutes, watched a marajuana exchange, laid on my towel to start that tan, then turned my chair to face the sun to get the front side. . . I doubt I was there more than half an hour. Oh well, there's always another day.

Oh yeah, our stuff arrived today!!! YIPPEEEE!!!! Too bad we still don't have any sofa to speak of. But I do have a bed in there. I can't wait. TTFN!

1 comment:

Jill Rogers said...

OH LUCKY!!! It SNOWED!! Nothing stuck, but it was C-O-L-D, COLD! BRR...

Good thing I'm going to AZ Wednesday, otherwise I might just throw myself a good 'ole tantrum.

P.S. I bet I could make YOU jealous! So Grant's current game is we play dead, then he comes over and gives us a big fat smooch to make us come to "life" and then giggles hysterically. Then he'll try to kiss us again, but ends up giggling before he ever gets there and we just end up with a giggly boy drooling into our chests because he's laughing too hard to make us come to life.... Take THAT! :-) JK. Miss ya!