Saturday, December 13, 2008

Once there was a Sandman, Sandman, Sandman . . .

But first there was Sigmond the Sea Monster! Well, something that looks a little like Sigmond. Or maybe inspired by Sigmond? (Sigmond the sea monster and Johnny and Scott are friends . . .)



This is Camille's "monster"










Then there was a prototype miniature sandman! Isn't he cute? And those would be 'sandball buttons' waiting for the big sandman to be completed. (not my sandball buttons)




Making a sandman isn't as easy as you might think. Trying to make a sand ball like a snow ball doesn't work. You can't just roll it around in the sand hoping it will get bigger! The sand won't stick together. And trying to build a ball of sand on another ball of sand didn't work either. I know, I tried . . . and then it fell apart. :(


But after several failed attempts and a few HOURS! I finally did it. Isn't he cute?
Once there was a sandman, sandman, sandman
once there was a sandman, tall, and strong.
In the sun he stood there, stood there, stood there,
in the sun he stood there, all day long!

Merry Christmas!!!!


3 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

very practical i like it! knowing that'll probably never SNOW in hawaii but if it does you can wear your shorts! i like it.

Camille Aurelia. said...

My sand monsters name is Braticus!!! Get the facts straight mom.

Anonymous said...

Camille where r u! I haven't talked to you forever and we need to write more.. well I do. I'll think of something soon. TEXT ME or CALL ME!