Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sisters, snowflakes, sun and sand!

Scott's sister Sarah came out for Christmas vacation. She flew in on December 23rd and we hit the ground running. We didn't even let her take a breath before letting her squidge her toes in the sand. Though you can't really see them very well, there are probably 20 kite surfers in this picture.



Yea! Sarah's here. We are about to have some fun . . .

Right after the beach and grabbing a bite to eat we headed into the Iao Valley. It was overcast but we could see the "needle" (that's the pointy thing behind our heads).

Then we were off to the Plantation to feed the ducks . . .




and the cheeky monkeys!


On Christmas Eve day we went to Lahaina to eat at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. YUMMMM! It was oh so delectable. On our way home we saw these wonderful swings beckoning us to come and play. What fun!




Camille's artistic eye . . . I really like this photo she took.

Before going home we stopped on the other side of the island to see if there were some big waves. It was blustery for sure but the wind has been really 'killing' the waves. It's just very choppy. After all it is Christmas Eve, rough weather should be expected!


Doesn't the 'belle noir' look happy?

I just realized this is slightly out of order. But since it is such a long process to reload pictures I'll just leave it. Anyways, being inspired by one of my new favorite blogs 'a fanciful twist', I decided to cut some snowflakes. I was thinking I was pretty hot stuff. After all I'm not a novice with being crafty. The first one was pretty nice, then trying to make a 6-pointed-star instead of 8-pointed, I ended up with the 4-pointed one. Then I figured it out and got my six pointer. The last one is a 3-dimensional one.

Of course, Camille jumped in and I'm pretty sure that she's the champion. Her's were so beautiful and lacey, curly and swirly . . . my snowflakes bow to her snowflakes (making bowing motion with arms raised)

But of course she didn't stop there. Oh no, she started cutting out paper dalls. The two dancers below she says she cut at the same time, just a sheet of paper folded in half. First cutting out the girl in the dress, then opening it up and cutting away the excess for the man. Beautiful!
Of course Sarah jumped in and made these amazing Hybiscus flowers. They look simple but don't be fooled. You just try to make a 5-POINTED STAR! You'll soon realize that she's a genius. I'm amazed! They turned out beautifully.

Ah, Christmas morning! All the anticipation leading up to this day. We search for the perfect gifts. Hoping they will think you were genius to find something so perfect for them. I usually fall way short!

Then it happens . . . the Christmas explosion! All the anticipation coming to a head and exploding all over the room. Don't you just love the 'Christmas mess'?

My apologies here. I had a picture of the wrapping paper tossed aside but accidentally deleted it. But alas . . . it's not that important.
Here's Sarah on Christmas day, sitting on the beach, not quite sure what to do with herself. She's in paradise.
Another picture accidentally deleted was the picture of the man Sarah claims is "on her team". I'll post his picture anyways. He was all posed and looking studly. That's a must see.

These were in Sarah's stocking this morning. Santa knows what a girl needs!

Here's a Christmas star for you. Happy Christmas! See you next year.















1 comment:

Katie Thompson said...

Lucky duckys!! Those swings are so cute!! When I come we are going to have to go see them ! Looks
Like you guys had a great time!!!