Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Long Over-due Update!

OK, OK - I know this is long over-due. So here it is, a new update with lots of pics. I didn't want to update before I was able to have something good to tell you about. I was in "da puka". (that's "the hole" in Hawaiian). And this (pic below) is the hole I was in:

and this would be the view of the back yard thru my bedroom window:
But we're in a much better place now. We all feel totally at home and comfortable here. From the pics you'll see why. It's way better. This is a picture of the front of the house. It has a wrap-around porch that's very spacious on the front:

This koi pond is in the back of the house:


This pic shows the enclosed lanai:

This is on the front side of the house on the more spacious deck. The gleaming grill is Scott's birthday present!

Another pic of the front of the house:

The back deck:


Vegetation in the backyard:


This picture is taken from our front deck. The ocean down there is where Kihei is. We can also see the other side of the island where Kahului is. On a clear day we have a beautiful view of the Iao Valley and mountains. And then Haleakela is behind us.


4 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

OMG (oh my giraffe ) That is way nice cant wait to see the inside! ;) Second house definitely.

Katie Thompson said...

Well Jason graduates in 3 weeks and we said we wanted to take a graduation trip to celebrate. We'll see if we can srimp our pennies and make it over there!

Jill Rogers said...

Have any floor room for air matresses?!

P.S. I don't have your new cell number and I need to call you!!! AHH!

Michael Rogers said...

Ok I am officially jealous!! What a view! And is that a papaya tree in your yard? I'm glad you guys found a better place.