Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday's Outing!

As usual, our Saturday consisted of a trip to the beach to our favorite little spot. Since it's the only day that Scott can go to the beach, you can bet your buttons that we'll go, rain or shine. It's usually cloudy just to make Scott complain that it's always cloudy on Saturdays. Every other day will be sun, sun, sun. But come Saturday, clouds stick around. He's trying to get a tan. But thankfully, this Saturday was beautiful and sunny.

When we got there, the surf was really perfect for boogie boarding. So we headed right out. I had 3, yes 3 perfect waves in a row that I rode all the way in. Then I was tumbled like a little rag doll by a big wave that I didn't catch just right. It gave me a thorough nasal flushing. Not to mention a hefty serving of sand in the swimsuit. But all in all, it was fun to catch some great waves. Right after I decided I wanted to try and tan these white legs that seem to be totally resistant to tanning, Scott and Camille were hit by a wave. I have to preface this by stating that Camille, maybe I've mentioned before, does not like the beach. None of it! She doesn't like the sun, the sand, or the water because it's so salty. We keep trying to get her to try boogie boarding, of course, her first wave (a couple weeks ago) she went over the board and totally tumbled in it for a while which scared her to death. That was the same day that I said I'd gotten slammed to the ground. So immediately I sympathized with what she went through. It can be rough rolling in a wave like that. Ok, so back to yesterday, I had just gotten out and Scott and Camille got hit by a wave - they were just standing in the water past where the waves normally break. But this one broke on them. And of course Camille didn't like that at all - not to mention, she lost her sunglasses in it. So I ask myself - why is it that she, who doesn't really like the ocean, seem to keep having these bad experiences? Poor girl, my heart really goes out to her. So she sat it out for a while. But then she found something that she enjoyed:

Writing messages in the sand and watching them get washed away!

This is the ravishing Camille with her writing implement.

This would be a little less than glamorous picture of me and Scott - Camille being the photographer. There are so few pictures of me. Actually we have video of me riding a wave in, but it looked to much like a whale getting washed up on shore that it will not be posted!

This is Scott actually Body surfing. (without the board) He actually rode that wave all the way in. Pretty cool, I'll have to try it sometime.
Scott went out with the snorkel gear and swam around for quite a while. Camille and I were just relaxing trying to catch some rays. Our favorite spot for boogie boarding is just sand - I've looked around with the snorkel before and there's really nothing to look at, (I had to do that for my own peace of mind) hardly even a fish. So anyways, Scott comes out of the water (I really wish I had the camera) triumphant. He had found Camille's sunglasses that got knocked off her head. How cool is that? He's so awesome!
After that we headed to Costco! We did a major shopping. I was going to take a picture of my pantry but the battery was dead. That will come later.
I couldn't wait to get in the shower. I could feel the sand everywhere. But I never realized how much sand was in my swimsuit until I lifted up my top and sand POURED out! Oh the sweetness of a shower after the beach!

3 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

why do you torture me so ! I wish i was there! sounds like you guys need a leaf blower to get all that crap out of there. :) keep postin my little lovelys

Anonymous said...

Wow... a little too much information there. ;) lol jk. sand is a big pain, but I'm gald Camille found something to do.

Katie Thompson said...

Yes the pics were taking by your sister but she hadn't touched them at all .we just loaded them on.anyway thanx