Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everybody! This year on the eve of 2009 we found ourselves not knowing exactly what to do for fun. We didn't get invited to any parties. And we always stay off the roads just to be safe and away from any drunk drivers. So we decided to rent movies, get our usual finger foods and quietly ring in the new year. We watched Mama Mia, Son of Rambo and ended with 10,000 BC.

I'm sure most neighborhoods have their little groups that get together and fire off some fireworks, firecrackers and sparklers for the night. We definetly did in our Utah neighborhood. Well, here in Hawaii I think every person and their dog bought fireworks and were setting them off all evening. At midnight we decided to put the movie on pause and step out on the deck and take a look around. After all, the noise from the fireworks was getting more intense. It was time for the 'grand finale'. The view was amazing. There were beautiful bursts of sparkly goodness all around us. And looking down the valley we could see little miniature fireworks way down below. It was really amazing to see so many fireworks going off at the same time. I'm not sure if there were any planned community fireworks you could go see. I didn't hear anything about those. But there was no need. The show from our own deck was better than any that could have been planned. We can hardly wait to see what the 4th of July will bring. (however, July would be during the dry season and that concerns me a little.)

Now for the resolutions. I haven't really given much thought to it. I know I should get something written down to work on. I mean what's a new year for anyways, but to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. So here's my list, my attempt at improving myself.

1. Continue working on being more organized.

2. Exercise daily

3. Read the Scriptures daily

4. Look for the magic in daily life.

That's good enough. Join me everybody. Let's make 2009 a better year than the last.

3 comments:

Jason and Jennifer Bryce said...

So I was trying to interview Carter about Hawaii and my batteries in my camera kept dying. Blah blah. Anyway, he went missing a little while later and I found him in Keaton's swimming trunks trying to call Hawaii to see if we could come over. I thought you might like that little story! Made me smile. We will try again on the whole interview thing.

Jill Rogers said...

I LOVE THAT STORY JEN! I think i speak for the whole family in saying " LETS ALL JUST MOVE IN!" hehe or visit(hopefully) im excited to come visit you guys. Happy New Year!!!!!!!(and whatever happy new year is in hawaiian

Jill Rogers said...

___katie